Q: Cannot shift into overdrive

When I'm driving at around 55 mph, the RPMs go to 2200 but I cannot shift into overdrive. I have checked the manual and according to it, I should be able to shift into it, but there is no switch for the overdrive, neither on the shifter nor anywhere else in the car. What should I do?

A: On the SC300, when the shifter is in the 3-...

On the SC300, when the shifter is in the 3-D position if the shifter is to the right, then the over shift function is enabled. Once the engine reaches a combination of speed and load the transmission will automatically shift into overdrive. The overdrive function is deactivated when the shifter is moved to the left in the 3-D position. If you are having trouble getting this resolved, have a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your car's location to diagnose the shifting issue and make the correct repair.