Q: water comes into passenger side while car washing

Two days ago I was in gas station and getting my suv washed. Suddenly I noticed the passenger side footrest area is getting water that was coming behind the passenger side drawer. It stopped when the washing was done. I later checked again pouring water over my cars front​ windshield. I found there if I close the hole of the one windshield drain that is situated in front of the passenger seat, The water does not come inside. I had car wash in past and there was no water that time. what is the reason for this leak and how can I prevent it? I put a chewing gum like seal bought from walmart over the hole for temporary measure

When it comes to water leaks only a hands on test like you did will tell you where the leak is. Why the leak happens is most likely the body was not sealed at the factory good enough and as the vehicle ages so does the sealing compound they use. The body sealer may let in water now after 14 years of driving. The only way to seal it is to locate the point of the leak and then reseal it with a good silicone body sealer. If you have a body seal leak then sometimes body panels or interior components may have to be removed to find and then fix the leak. So no one would be able to give a fix or estimate to fix it until they can locate the source of the leak. Where you sealed the drain may just be above where the leak is and just stopped the water from running down in that area and did not fix the leak but put a roof over it for the short term. I suggest that you contact a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to find the source of the leak for you.

3. water comes into passenger side while car washing