Q: Car died after battery, brake, and Check Engine light came on.

asked by on December 29, 2015

The battery light, Check Engine light, and brake light on the dash are on, and the vehicle died on me.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. When you get this combination of warning lights and symptoms it is typically the result of a battery that has failed. If the battery voltage gets low enough then the check engine light and the brake light can come on as they can no longer function without suitable power. The battery itself may have failed or if this occurred while driving it may be the alternator. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, and he/she can perform specified tests on the systems to located the cause of this problem.