Q: The car makes a weird sound, especially when going up hill or when accelerating, should I be concerned?

The sound the car makes when not moving is almost like a ticking sound and when you accelerate it rattles. The car does not accelerate like it used to, and it doesn't run as smooth. It's also a lot more noisy in general.

A: There are a few different types of noises t...

There are a few different types of noises the engine can make depending on the problems it might have. A light rattle noise that only happens during acceleration can be a lean spark knock or ignition problems. Your description makes it seem like you have a worse problem with the internal mechanical parts of the engine, and the sound may be related to the valve train or piston bearings. Only an experienced engine mechanic could diagnose the exact cause. The mechanic will have to take a close listen to the engine noises, and may have to do additional tests to isolate the exact cause of the problem. I suggest contacting a certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic, who can inspect and diagnose what's causing the noises at your home or office.