Q: No air flow in a/c or heater

The a/c is broken in my car and won't blow air. I'm in-between jobs and can't afford to go to the dealership any time soon. I've done a little car repair myself in the past. Could you give me steps on how to replace the system?

A: If neither the AC or heat blows, the proble...

If neither the AC or heat blows, the problem is with the blower motor or its control circuit. In your vehicle, the blower circuit consists of the heater fuse, gauge fuse, heater relay, blower switch, blower relay, and blower motor.

A problem anywhere in this circuit could render your blower motor inoperative. The blower motors are known to go bad on vehicles such as yours, so that would be my best guess. However, you'd want to start with the easy stuff first, like checking the fuse and relays. If you decide to have a professional repair your Yaris, I suggest you give the team at YourMechanic a call. We have expert technicians on staff that can take a look at your AC system and recommend an appropriate repair.