Q: My car makes a subtle squeak and minor clunk when driving over bumps slowly.

My car just got a new shock put on it. (not sure if its relevant). It makes a subtle squeak sounds like it is coming from the right side of the car and minor clunk when I drive over bumps slowly. It has an extended warranty but I still worry because I can't do anything financially until Friday. It does not sound loud enough to be a ball joint and the car does not pull me to one side. It also does not do it all the time...much worse on inner city roads which I don't drive much. Any advice as to what it could be?

If you just had a shock replaced and the noise did not start until the shock was installed, then I suggest having the shock mounts checked to make sure they are seated properly when they were put in. If the noise was there before the shock, then have all the sway bar links and front end joints checked. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the squeak and clunk noises and make the needed repairs.

• My car makes a subtle squeak and minor clunk when driving over bumps slowly.