Q: Lack of power when accelerating and jerky

When I accelerate the car hesitates and jerks a little bit. Not very much power. When I’m on the freeway if I let off the gas and press down again the car jerks for 2-4 seconds before evening out but still has a lack of power and hesitation when I give it more gas. Happens at any speed. When I stop I smell burning. And my temp gauge only goes up about 1/4 unless I stop then it sits around 1/2

It sounds like you may have a bad coolant temperature sensor that may be causing problems with regulating the temperature in the motor as well as impacting the air/fuel ratio and potentially the ignition timing controlled by the ECM. This can cause serious engine damage due to the irregularity of the fueling and timing of the motor when combined with irregular temperature fluctuation. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose and inspect the vehicle.