Q: Car starts hard and occasionally stalls out. Smells like gas when running.

On my volvo I recently replaced the spark plugs and ignition coils. The vehicle was starting hard before that and idling rough. I recieved an error code that said a cylinder was misfiring. Then performed the maintenance. The clips that hold the wires to the ignition coil are broken and I was unable to locate a replacement. Currently the wires are just placed on the ignition coils and not secured with a harness. Should I take this issue into a body shop or continue to attempt to attach the the wires without the harnesses?

A: Hello. If you have poor connections at the ...

Hello. If you have poor connections at the ignition coils then that will cause cylinder misfires. These loose connections can also shorten the life of the ignition coils. The connectors need to be replaced in order to ensure that there is a good connection. These connectors can be purchased online or at most dealerships. If the misfire continues after the connections are fixed then there is another issue. From your explanation of what the car is doing it sounds like you may have an injector that is leaking causing this. The injectors need to be checked for leakage. If you plan on having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue for an accurate repair.