Q: Car battery won't hold a charge

Car battery won't hold charge, the car battery light came on and the light's dimmed as I was driving.

The battery should be carefully evaluated in a load test. Batteries are very important. If the battery only has a marginal pass on the load test you should just simply install a new battery to reduce diagnostic headaches. Once you have a confirmed good battery, the alternator out put should be tested to ensure that the charging system is working properly. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you including the battery testing and replacement, if indicated. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car battery won't hold a charge