Camshaft sensor leaks oil 2008 Chevrolet Colorado senso...

Q: Camshaft sensor leaks oil 2008 Chevrolet Colorado

i have a chevrolet colorado 2008 and have change the camshaft sensor 3 times,but it comes out with oil when i change ti. this make the truck to turn off

Hi there - not entirely sure what your question is. The cam position sensor, while getting oil splashed on the sensor tip, has an o-ring on it to seal against oil leaks. It doesn’t not normally leak oil if the o-ring is in good shape, and the recess it fits in is clean and not damaged (nicked, etc.). The camshaft timing solenoid/valve controls oil pressure to the cam position actuator, is constantly under oil pressure while the engine is running, and can leak more easily. Removing it will cause some oil to leak as it is removed. Please provide a bit more detail on which issue you are chasing, and we’ll be happy to assist. Thanks for thinking of YourMechanic!