Q: 2010 camaro ss I'm getting a low oil pressure stop engine light. Oil is topped off and oil pressure is reading normal on guage

2010 camaro ss I'm getting a low oil pressure stop engine light. Oil is topped off and oil pressure is reading normal on guage and Is only happening at idle if I tap the gas it goes away but after idling for a couple seconds it comes back on.

Hi There, If your oil pressure falls below a specific level, the ECM (car’s computer) will in some cases automatically shut the engine down or put the vehicle into a reduced power mode to avoid further damage to the engine. This is done as a safety precaution. Typically, the oil pressure light will come on when you are in fact low on oil, the oil pump is not pumping oil properly or in some cases when the oil pressure sensor is faulty providing a false reading. In any case, this should be looked at as soon as possible by a qualified mechanic. I would suggest having one of our experts here at YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. 2010 camaro ss I'm getting a low oil pressure stop engine light. Oil is topped off and oil pressure is reading normal on guage