Q: Jerking when accelerating from a complete stop

Okay so I know NOTHING about cars and I just bought this car (my first car) from a dealer. It has quite some miles and I don't know much about how well it was treated before all I know is it had one owner. So, I noticed that my car jolts forward or "jerks" when I accelerate from a complete stop. Sometimes it won't if I'm not accelerating to a high speed quickly like in a neighborhood. But on a main road after stopping at red light, it's jerking me forward once I put my foot on the gas. but this happens ONLY after a complete stop. Any ideas??? The car didn't do this when I test drove it, but after I bought it this started. Drives beautifully other than this. And there are no lights coming on to indicate a problem.

This kind of reaction is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.