Q: Gas gauge isn't working. Sometimes the speedometer and the temperature gauge doesn't work. Limited lights around gauges and radio.

Gas guage isn't working. Sometimes the speedometer and the temperature guage doesn't work. But most of the time they do. It's just the gas guage that doesn't work. It doesn't go to empty when turning the car off. It stays where it is. lights around the guages are very weak at night. There is no lighting around the temperature gauge or the radio or the the heat/ac switches. All other lights work. Not sure if it's a battery or fuses.

Hi there. The dashboard lights are burned out in the dash and the dimmer switch could be worn causing the lights to be weak. The gauges that seldom fail to work is most likely a loose wire in the dash panel. The fuel gauge that is not going to E when shutting off the car has a damaged rheostat within the sending unit. The sending unit is in the fuel tank attached to the fuel pump. If you need further assistance with your gauges not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hi There, It sounds like you have a faulty instrument cluster voltage regulator that may be causing the weak power source to the dash lights. The instrument voltage regulator regulates the voltage supplied to the various gauges in your vehicle’s dash. When this is not working properly, this may cause the gauges in your dash to dim or flicker erratically or in some cases provide false readings.

The gas gauge not working is likely related to a faulty fuel sending unit. The fuel gauge sending unit is a small float type component (or sensor) inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, this change is detected and relayed in the form of a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Gas gauge isn't working. Sometimes the speedometer and the temperature gauge doesn't work. Limited lights around gauges and radio.