Q: Parking lights are not working - 2009 Chevrolet Impala

In my vehicle my parking lights (corner lights, LP light, tail lights) only work sometimes, and only at night, which I have the automatic light sensor and wonder if it's something to do with that. They don't turn on even if I use the switch. My dash lights work just fine as they should. I have read other similar questions and I'm surprised at some of the obvious responses. YES I have replaced ALL fuses containing to lighting, replaced ALL the exterior bulbs, I have checked the ground wire and even cleaned it up. I haven't used a volt reader at the fuse box yet but that's my next move. Any idea why this is a problem with this body style of impala? Thanks

Hello. If all of your fuses check out and your parking lights only work when in auto mode, then it may be possible that the problem is with the headlight switch itself. If the actual switch that controls the lights wears out or has an issue, it may not function correctly at certain settings. I would test the switch to see if it is functioning properly, as a faulty switch may cut off power to the lights.

If the switch is good, then it may be possible that the issue is wiring related, perhaps bad or worn wiring is cutting off power to the lights. You can also check the automatic system, which is controlled by the ambient light sensor, though the fact that it is the only mode that the lights do function on indicates that the system is probably okay.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to determine why the lights are not working as they should be.

3. Parking lights are not working - 2009 Chevrolet Impala