Q: Car shakes when driving over 40mph.

asked by on December 31, 2016

The car is putting a littlewhen car is on. When i put it into drive its ok until you go 30 mph or faster. At that point the car is shaking or bouncing. What could be causing this? Suspention... A leak... Axal...ehat is it and how much will it cost.

Ball Joint Front Replacement $111.49 - $774.56 Get a Quote
Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi There, Shaking at high speeds is often times related to tires that may be out of balance, low on air, potentially a badly aligned front end or failing suspension components or ball joints. When any of these things are not geometrically proper or aligned correctly, this causes an imbalance in the way the vehicle travels down the road and may cause the vehicle to vibrate or shake violently. this type of condition usually gets worse with more speed. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.