Q: I have changed the MAF sensor, oxygen sensors, gas cap, catalytic converter and I still get check engine light.

I have changed the catalytic converter, oxygen sensors, MAF sensor and gas cap trying to remedy my check engine light problem. It comes on and goes off intermittently, and there is a noticeable change in the power of the car when it happens. A boost when it goes off and a sluggish feeling when it comes back on. Haven't found a vacuum leak anywhere. Any ideas as to my next point of inspection? Thanks

Hello, thank you for writing in. With a check engine light on, the first step is to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. This can be done by a technician, or at most auptmot8ve parts stores. That information will guide you to the system or component having issues. Your symptoms may be caused by an EGR problem, fuel system problem, or a variety of other issues. Ignition system malfunctions can also cause similar symptoms. Only further inspection will tell. For more help with testing contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have changed the MAF sensor, oxygen sensors, gas cap, catalytic converter and I still get check engine light.