I have changed the MAF sensor, oxygen sensors, gas cap, c...

Q: I have changed the MAF sensor, oxygen sensors, gas cap, catalytic converter and I still get check engine light.

asked by on May 23, 2017

I have changed the catalytic converter, oxygen sensors, MAF sensor and gas cap trying to remedy my check engine light problem. It comes on and goes off intermittently, and there is a noticeable change in the power of the car when it happens. A boost when it goes off and a sluggish feeling when it comes back on. Haven't found a vacuum leak anywhere. Any ideas as to my next point of inspection? Thanks

Hello, thank you for writing in. With a check engine light on, the first step is to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. This can be done by a technician, or at most auptmot8ve parts stores. That information will guide you to the system or component having issues. Your symptoms may be caused by an EGR problem, fuel system problem, or a variety of other issues. Ignition system malfunctions can also cause similar symptoms. Only further inspection will tell. For more help with testing contact our service department to schedule an appointment.