Q: Got code P1259 after Check Engine light

My car's Check Engine light came on and I got code P1259. My oil was changed about 2,000 miles ago and I topped it off to ensure that low oil was not the culprit.

Hi, the problem could be a bad sensor. I would recommend replacing the oil pressure sensor. To do this, disconnect the battery and locate the pressure sensor,remove old pressure sensor and replace it with the new one. Finally, reconnect the battery and see if that turns off the Check Engine. If you need assistance, I would have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can verify the cause of your Check Engine Light and replace the oil pressure sensor if needed.