Q: Brake pedal not working properly.

asked by on December 18, 2015

Brake pedal goes to the floor, taking a lot of pressure and time to stop.

The brake master cylinder on your car has two internal chambers and it sounds like you have one of them failing or you have a major fluid leak. The first thing to look at is if the fluid is low or not. If it is low then you have a leak somewhere in the system. If the fluid is full then you have a master cylinder failure. I would recommend you have a brake certified technician check the system completely for any and all problems.