Q: I replaced my battery but car still dying

I replaced my battery but my car still showing battery light when stop but disappear when start driving

In many cases, when the battery light comes on when you stop but goes away when you drive, it’s caused by a loose sensor or connector that may have been removed during the installation of the new battery.

On newer cars like your 2007 Toyota, there are two sensors connected to the battery that will trigger the light. However, if the sensors are loose and are reconnected, it’s important to reset the error codes in the computer that illuminate the light on your dashboard.

The best bet is to contact one of our local mechanics who can diagnose the cause of your battery light firsthand and reset the error codes during the same service.