Q: How do I use the Integrated Trailer Brake controller?

How do I use the Integrated Trailer Brake controller?

A: There may be an Integrated Trailer Brake co...

There may be an Integrated Trailer Brake controller on your truck. This controller can help you effectively brake your trailer. To use the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller.

1. Hook the trailer up to your vehicle.

2. Move the control lever to the left to activate the electric brakes on the trailer that are independent of your vehicle’s brakes.

3. Test the brakes by towing the trailer in a level, traffic-free area.

4. Adjust the gain, or the amount of braking, by pressing the – button if the trailer wheels lock up or the “+” button if the wheels turn freely.