Q: Stuck in limp mode ECM Throwing P2118 code, throttle body actuator, does it absolutely NEED to be replaced? 2008 Scion xB

BRIEFLY Crossed cables when jump starting battery, car went into limp mode after proper jump, and p2118 code will not clear. How can i get it out of limp mode without buying a new throttle body?

Hello - for your P2118 problem - there is a separate fuse for the electronic throttle control (ETCS) - 10a I think - in the engine bay. Check that fuse first to see if the reverse jump killed it (check with a volt meter, not just eyeballs). If that fuse is good, it is probably going to require a throttle body. For hands-on assistance, I recommend a limp mode inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Stuck in limp mode ECM Throwing P2118 code, throttle body actuator, does it absolutely NEED to be replaced? 2008 Scion xB