Q: I also have the 2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Turbo charged m271 engine it rattles when I first started looking to replace the cam phase

asked by on October 07, 2017

My car rattles when you first started up I know the cam phasers go out and they need to be changed I'm looking for an easy way to fix the rattling whether it's the tensioner or the phasers my question is to do I need to replace the chain or can I get away without changing the chain thank you.

You should first have the computer system tested so the noise can be completely diagnosed to find the cause of cold start rattling noise. You may just need to replace cam phaser or timing chain and guides with the phasers.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr