Q: Brakes feel loose

asked by on February 12, 2016

I am slightly worried about how loose the brakes feel when I drive.

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi. If by loose you mean a low pedal, you might have a hydraulic leak. The hydraulic system on your brakes is a sealed system. If you develop a leak, the pedal can go to the floor. Leaks can be internal, like in a master cylinder or external, like on a hose or caliper. Because of the safety factor, I suggest getting the brake system inspected by a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.