Q: Low idle, sometimes stall, lack of power, putting sound.

asked by on October 04, 2016

I do have a hole or crack in the passenger side manifold, which causes it to be loud, but was wondering if that what was making all these problems? I did order a new manifold today. But today I went hunting and had to go through a mud hole and it felt like the truck was dying when I was going through it then it just shut off, and it wouldn't start until we boosted it. I was wondering if maybe it was sensors that need to be cleaned?

Depending on the size of the crack in the manifold, this could potentially cause something like this to happen, however it may also be related to other issues as well.

Stalling and lack of power may be also caused by fuel/air supply problems as well. I would start by checking the mass air flow sensor as this is often times a common part to fail or get dirty on many vehicles which then causes them to stall and starve for power.

If you’re unable to pinpoint the issue yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come diagnose the loss of power firsthand for an accurate repair.