Q: A/C going out

The AC will get cool (not cold) when driving but gets hot when not moving. It is fully charged. Took to a garage but they dont work on nissan often and wanted to replace everything at a cost of $2,500. Just because they say the compressor is bad. The compressor can still be heard coming on when AC is turned on. Im not sure what to do with it.

Hello there, over time it is not uncommon for the AC to stop cooling as well. Common failure points would be the AC fan, low refrigerant level, AC condenser, or a blend motor failure. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose this A/C fault and perform any repairs required.

3. A/C going out