Q: Engine choking, ABS and ASR lights illuminated - 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300SE

The dash in my car has been showing the ABS light and ASR light illuminated. The lights will not go off. The engine runs as if it's choking, like the fuel is getting through the system with a delay. This also influences the acceleration. What is causing this?

Hello. If all of these occurred at the same time then the battery and alternator need to be checked. If the alternator is not charging or if the battery is bad then this will occur. If that is fine then also check the brake fluid. If the brake fluid is low then this can happen. If all of these are fine then the system will need to be scanned to find out what the computer says is the problem. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technican can come to your home or office to diagnose your vehicle and make all necessary replacements.

3. Engine choking, ABS and ASR lights illuminated - 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300SE