Q: My engine is making a whining sound during acceleration 2008 Chevy impala

When accelerating in my car the engine seems to make a whining/whirring sound. If I’m in park and tap the gas it does the same thing. I don’t know if related but the “service traction control” message comes on a lot. I was told it was just a bad sensor and nothing to worry about just yet. Also sometimes while driving I will be at a constant speed and my RPM’s will bounce up and down by about 250-350 and you can feel the engine rev. I’ve taken my car in multiple times for that and have had my camshaft sensor replaced and it still does it. Mechanic said it might be my throttle body but didn’t know for sure and couldn’t fix it at his shop. That problem has been going on for a few months. The whining sound just started.

Without hearing the noise it sounds like you are having a transmission noise and may be due to low fluid in the transmission. If it is not transmission noises then it may be coming from alternator but since you have rpm jumping then it most likely is transmission issues.

3. My engine is making a whining sound during acceleration 2008 Chevy impala