Q: I have a anti theft system installed in my car where you need to have the key in it before u can start the car.

asked by on December 28, 2016

Alarm installed under ignition. I believe after having battery issues it may interfered with the anti theft .

Hi there. Check the battery cables and make sure that they are tight and clean. If you had replaced your battery, then with an aftermarket alarm, it is best to disable the alarm before hooking up a new battery. This will prevent the alarm from suddenly setting it self off. Plus, by disconnecting the alarm you can re-enable the alarm as if it was installed. This will make the alarm be like new again but not go off. If you need further assistance with your anti-theft system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.