Q: How do you turn on the rear defogger and heated mirrors?

How do you turn on the rear defogger and heated mirrors?

Your car is equipped with both a front and rear defogger. The front defogger is tied into your air conditioning system, but the one in the back is different (and uses a different control). If your car is also equipped with heated side view mirrors, the same button controls them as well. Here’s how it all works:

1. Find the button on the dash labeled “rear” with a picture of a window defogging.

2. Press it.

3. The rear defogger (and side view mirror heaters if so equipped) will turn on.

4. The system will stay on by itself for 20 minutes, but you can turn it off by pressing the button again.

3. How do you turn on the rear defogger and heated mirrors?