Q: 2013 Honda Accord wouldn't start in the morning. Displayed the Electric Power Steering (EPS) warning icon on the dashboard. Vehicl

2013 Honda Accord wouldn't start in the morning. Displayed the Electric Power Steering (EPS) warning icon on the dashboard. Vehicle was in Park, but wouldn't turn over. Thought the battery was bad, and had it tested and charged briefly. Battery was OK. After charging the battery for 15-20 minutes, we attempted to restart the car. It started and ran perfectly. We turned off the engine and restarted successfully 5 times.

I am baffled as to why the car wouldn't start, why the EPS warning light came on, and whether there is an issue with the car's computer. Can you help me with these questions?

Hi Steven. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s quite possible that the reason the car wouldn’t start is related to the battery not being charged enough and not the EPS light. However, it is also possible that an error code detected by the EPS disabled the ignition system temporarily (in error as this is not NORMAL). This could indicate a fault with either the ECU or power steering sensor. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough information from you to provide you a direct answer - as there are just too many variables. The best way to get answers is to have a professional mechanic download any stored error codes, to determine why the EPS light illuminated.

3. 2013 Honda Accord wouldn't start in the morning. Displayed the Electric Power Steering (EPS) warning icon on the dashboard. Vehicl