Q: My TCS light comes on frequently and then it will display TCS off and slipped. Sometimes it will cut off and then restart later.

Why does it do that even when there's no rain or slippery road. Someone told me it could be the transmission slipping. He said when the TCS Off/slipped illuminate it could be the transmission. I need some advice on what to do.

A: Hi there. Most often, this problem is due t...

Hi there. Most often, this problem is due to a dirty or failed wheel speed sensor. The ABS and TCS systems depend on wheel speed readings from these sensors. Cleaning the sensor heads, and the inductance rings on the wheel hub will sometimes cure this problem. If not, it is necessary to extract problem codes from the ABS system, requiring a 2nd level diagnostic tool - regular OBD code readers are inadequate for this. I would recommend having an expert inspect the cause of the ABS Light in person so that this can be corrected properly.