Q: How do I replace the battery in my remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter?

How do I replace the battery in my remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter?

If the battery in your remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter dies, then you will need to replace it. Usually you will be warned by a message from the Driver Information Center that reads “Replace Battery in Remote Key.” Replacing the RKE transmitter battery is very easy:

1. Extend the key on the RKE transmitter by pressing the button at the top of the transmitter.

2. Locate the battery cover on the back of the RKE transmitter, and pry it off with your fingers.

3. Press on the battery with your finger, and push it towards the key until the battery has been removed.

4. Insert a new CR2032 or equivalent battery into the battery case, with the positive side facing up. Press the battery down until it is firmly in place.

5. Put the battery cover back on until it snaps back into place. The RKE transmitter battery has now been replaced.

Tip

Make sure that your fingers are very clean and very dry when replacing the RKE transmitter battery, or else you can cause damage to both the battery and the transmitter.

• How do I replace the battery in my remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter?