Q: 1999 Honda CR-V door not opening from inside

asked by on March 17, 2016

The driver's side door of my car won't open from the inside. I have to roll the window down to open it from the outside.

Interior Door Handle Replacement $91.22 - $323.31 Get a Quote
Door will not open Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Door handles on cars are connected to metal rods that actuate the latch causing the door to open. It is possible that one of the rods has become disconnected from the interior door handle causing it not to work. It is also possible that the portion of the door handle that the rod originally locked into has broken. The most likely repair would be to replace the interior door handle. I recommend having your door panel removed by a professional to inspect your door latch mechanics. Once the source of the problem is found, have it repaired soon to relieve the headache of a non-opening door.