Q: My brother put half a glass of water in the brake fluid container. What should I do?

My brother put half a glass of water in his cars brake fluid container . What should we do?

You will need to have the brake system pressure bled until there is not evidence of any water left in the system. The first thing to do is to suck out all the fluid out of the brake reservoir first then fill it with fresh fluid and pressure bleed out the fluid until the fluid is completely flushed clean. You may have to put one to two quarts of fluid to make sure most of the water is out of the system. Even after flushing the fluid through the system you may have leftover residue water that would need to be bled out after a few weeks use.

• My brother put half a glass of water in the brake fluid container. What should I do?