Q: My car overheats and drinks lots of water.

My car is a zx3. It overheats at stop lights and stop signs. It drinks A LOT of water. My fans work, thermostat is new, coolant tank is new. It's fine when I'm moving but overheats when I'm idle. No leaks.

A: If the vehicle is loosing coolant without a...

If the vehicle is loosing coolant without any external leaks then you may have a blown head gasket. I'd suggest having the system pressure tested to see if an external or internal leak is found or if there is another problem like a clogged radiator.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your overheating issue firsthand and suggest an accurate repair from there. Good luck.