Q: AC issue - 2008 Dodge Charger

My AC blows out hot air and the compressor goes on and it holds the Freon and says its in the right spot but it's not cold. I recharged it but it didn't help much. Please help thanks

A: Hi there. If the compressor is turning on a...

Hi there. If the compressor is turning on and if the pressures are correct, then the lines need to be checked. If one of the lines going into the firewall are cold then the system may be working fine. If this is the case, then the issue may be with the blend door actuator under the dash. Part of the dash would need to be removed to check and see if the actuator is working properly. If not, then it needs to be replaced. If the lines are both hot, then there is an issue within the AC system. If you are having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the AC and let you know what needs repair.