Q: Engine knocking 1999 Dodge Ram 1500

i check the oil and water before driving my truck and this morning i was driving about 2 to 3 miles down the road and i start hearing a knocking in the bottom of the engine at the tranmission and it is running ruff and skipping i got up to 45 mph and everythings start shaking

Hello - your description may cover multiple issues. The engine misfire could be caused by bad spark plugs, coils or even a fuel supply problem The knocking noise may well be a worn or damaged connecting rod or crankshaft bearing. The misfire would make a worn bearing situation worse. Check the engine oil level first to be sure the engine has an adequate oil supply. I would recommend an inspection of the engine knock (since that symptom may represent on-going damage to the engine) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Engine knocking 1999 Dodge Ram 1500