Q: Not able to open the trunk with the button on the trunk door

Normally, the trunk of my car will open by pressing the button on the trunk door, but it's not working. In order to unlock the trunk, I have to use the key fob to unlock the whole car. I am able to unlock and lock the driver-side door by touching the handle. I went to the Toyota dealership and they said that there should be a button in the glove box that activates this, but I cannot find the button. Is there really a button in the glove box? How can I get the feature to work again?

Most of the time, if the vehicle is equipped with a valet system, the button is hidden in the glove box. If this system is activated, the key fob nor the key will be able to open the trunk until the system is deactivated. This system is intended to deter criminal valet drivers from stealing valuable items from people’s cars. I would check the glove box very thoroughly, as these buttons are intentionally placed in locations that are hard to find.