Q: Blinking Check Engine Light

I have a blinking CEL. I disconnected each ignition coil while the engine was running and there was a drop in performance as I disconnected each one. Does this mean that the ignition system is not my problem?

As you may know, the Check Engine Light can come on for many different reasons, including for the ignition coils being faulty. Many times, when there are no visible signs or obvious symptoms of the car running poorly, it requires hooking the vehicle up to a scanning tool to download any potential faulty codes in the computer in order to more specifically narrow down what may be causing it to come on. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the Check Engine Light firsthand and make the necessary repairs.