Q: Transmission slips during acceleration

My car has gone around 130,000 miles. The car ran great. However, the other day, my transmission started slipping. When I drive slowly, there are no problems. But, if I attempt to accelerate, the transmission or maybe AWD seem to be slipping. What could cause this?

Hey there. If you have manual transmission, this is almost certainly the clutch slipping. It is wearing out and used gently, it will propel the car forward, but it cannot hold the torque when you accelerate harder. The clutch will need to be changed. If neglected, eventually the car will not move even when accelerating gently. For verification of what to do next, a certified technician can inspect your transmission and advise you on a repair.