Q: What are the advantages of pitman arm steering over rack and pinion steering?

I want to know that what are the advantages of pitman arm steering Over rack and pinion steering..

There are very few advantages to the pitman arm style over the rack and pinion style. The rack and pinion style has less moving parts and, therefore, less causes of failure. The rack and pinion system is also lighter in general which helps the vehicle’s weight.

The pitman arm style steering system is normally referred to as parallelogram steering. This type of steering system is typically used on large heavy-duty trucks and on older vehicles with boxy bodies. This is an older style steering system that has been phased out by most manufacturers.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your steering system if you are having any trouble with it.

• What are the advantages of pitman arm steering over rack and pinion steering?