Q: ticking noise while accelerating

I have a BMW Z4. When I start driving and accelerate I here a ticking noise. The dealer says there is nothing wrong with the car. But I worry about the noise. It sounds like it could be the vents or the air intake. I don’t hear anything when the car idles. I only hear it when accelerating. It sounds like baseball cards in bicycle spokes. Do you have any idea what this could be?

Hello. There are a few possibilities that could be causing the noise you are hearing. Some of the possible causes include: pieces of the catalytic converter could be rattling in the exhaust, broken baffles in the muffler, a loose flap in the intake, or loose bolts around the engine exhaust or intake. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come and complete and inspection in order to pinpoint why your car is making a noise.