Q: I hav e a 87 Cadillac brougham

I hav e a 87 Cadillac brougham. It will start for a quick 10 sec an cut off. I change my plugs, gas filter l in carburetor and check all my hoses. It ran good for a day or two but now it want stay cranked.

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The stalling you are describing probably stems from a fuel and/or ignition system fault although air induction could be an issue including the possibility of a large vacuum leak from, for example, a leaking brake booster. To see if it’s a fuel starvation issue, you could try introducing starter fluid once the engine starts and see if that measure prevents the engine from dying. If the engine runs without dying that probably eliminates the ignition system as a cause although keep in mind, on a 1987 model year car, there could still be ignition system faults that should be addressed for optimal engine operation. If you want this stalling diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine stalling diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.