Q: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder won't pass smog check

I have replaced parts but still can't get my Pathfinder to pass a smog check.

A: If the vehicle has a Check Engine light, th...

If the vehicle has a Check Engine light, this may be able to help diagnose the issue because it would produce a trouble code for the emissions system. If the vehicle does not have the Check Engine light illuminated, I would recommend having all the vacuum lines, exhaust system, and any emissions related engine parts for cracks, leaks, or inoperative behavior by a technician with experience in emissions diagnosis. This symptom will almost certainly be associated with a Check Engine light so I would recommend starting there.