Q: Difficulty putting gas in the tank

It is quite difficult to put the gas in the tank. You have to constantly stop and start the flow. Do you think it is a venting valve?

Yes, I can guarantee that is a venting valve because that’s how it works. When you refill the car, it is supposed to open up and vent. All the air that’s coming when you put the gas in the tank, all the air that is replacing has to go somewhere and has to go out the vent. If it doesn’t go out the vent, it will stop like that. So, you’ve got a problem in that system for sure when it is not venting directly. If you want to have this verified, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose this issue and replace the venting valve if necessary.

3. Difficulty putting gas in the tank