Q: Why would my car lose power and jump down while driving and the epc and check engine light come on in my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta

asked by on March 29, 2017

Epc and check engine light is on rpms drop fast and feels like loss of power it feels like it hesitates a little when shifts and when I was driving car dropped rpms lost power and felt as if it was in neutral but I couldn't excellerate at all. I turned off and back on then it was drivable engine light on epc light keeps coming off and on

Hello. Since the check engine light is on the best thing to do first would be to scan the computer for codes. This would need to be done first to see what the computer is seeing as the issue. It sounds like it may be a problem with a bad sensor reading or maybe from a misfire caused by the lack of a tune up or an issue with one of the ignition coils. If you want to have this issue checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why these lights are on and why it is running like this] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection