Q: I was messing with the throttle body and caused a "throttle actuator control system forced idle" problem

asked by on October 30, 2016

I was messing with the throttle body and forced the butter fly flap open and now my OBD is telling me the car is in throttle actuator control system forced idle and will not move.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The computer will sense the throttle opening when the the accelerator pedal was not pressed and set a check engine code. This caused the computer to close the throttle and not allow it to open until the code is cleared and the throttle is operated normally using the gas pedal. This is a safety control of the throttle opening just in case the throttle position sensor in the throttle body and the gas pedal position sensors do not move in unison together. After clearing the codes then continue retesting the throttle by starting the engine to see if the throttle responds now.