Q: Bleeding the brakes on a 98 dodge ram 2500 4wd 4 wheel abs. I read there are two valves that have to be bled off first?

asked by on September 18, 2017

I need to know how to bleed the brakes. I read up on it as I've bled them off prior to this but never had a great pedal. The pedal always has a lot of travel. Anyway the information I found tells me to bleed off two valves for the and system but doesn't say how to do it. I need to know so I can get my truck back on the road asap. Thank you.

You should first bleed the brakes normally and then hook up a DRB3 scanner and put ABS in bleed function to bleed out ABS system and then bleed system normally at each wheel again. Repeat as needed until all air is removed from system and you have a good pedal.