Q: My car battery is not charging and engine won't start

I was driving when suddenly did not notice that the car was slowing down even my foot is on the gas, the engine was on and the aircon still working but the accelerator has stop working and then few seconds passed everything stop working including the hazard signal. And then i can't get the engine to start, We tried to jumper it but the battery wasn't charging my friend told me that might have to change the battery or might need to fix alternator or replace it

Hi there. Based on what you are describing, I wouldn’t be quite certain that the issue you are having is caused by a damaged alternator or battery. In many cases, when the car stops accelerating when you press the gas pedal, it’s due to a fuel delivery problem or ignition system failure. It is possible the alternator is the source of your issue, but I wouldn’t immediately have it changed; as there could be other issues going on. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection, as this way they can pinpoint the root source of this problem and ensure the right repairs are made.

3. My car battery is not charging and engine won't start