Q: Warning regarding throttle and limp home mode

Today a light came on - the one with the wrench icon. It said something about the throttle body and in a limp home mode, plus to see the dealer. When this happened, my speed dropped to around 20 mph. Later, it drove very well with no light or problems. What does all this mean?

A: Hello. This is the first sign of a bad thro...

Hello. This is the first sign of a bad throttle body. This is a common failure on this vehicle. When the throttle motor or position sensor fails this occurs as the computer can no longer control the throttle. Most of the time restarting the vehicle will get it working again until it no longer works. I typically start by scanning the computer for codes to make sure that it is not the throttle pedal assembly. If you plan on having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the cause of the issue.